QMCA CONTRACTORS AWARD
The QMCA Contractors’ Award, seeks to showcase the most innovative concept that has led to an increase in productivity or increased efficiency whilst maintaining quality.
If you have a project that meets the eligibility criteria, the first step is to complete the form below and complete your expression of interest.
To be eligible for the QMCA Contractors Award, entrants/entries must adhere to the following criteria.
- Entrants must be a current QMCA member.
- The idea/concept must have been applied/constructed/executed in the last two years.
- Entrants must be based or have an office in Queensland.
- The project in which the innovation has been conducted must be being delivered in
- The submitted idea/concept must demonstrate innovation in excellence within the civil infrastructure sector. Please note this includes industrial and resource projects but excludes residential or commercial building projects.
- By submitting an entry, copyright for use of all entry materials is assigned to the QMCA.
Please note, for the 2018 Awards, QMCA has expanded the range of Award categories. If your application does not fit the above criteria, it may be eligible for another Award
- Expressions of Interest (EOIs) closes Friday 20 July. Please note an entry fee ($2,500 excl GST) is to be paid on submission of the EOI.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Friday 3 August 2018
- Full submissions Friday 14 September 2018
- Awards will be presented at QMCA’s annual long lunch on Friday 5
Entering the awards is a simple process that starts with an expression of interest and culminates with the award ceremony on 5th October.
Step 1 – Expressions of Interest
Entrants to complete a written Expression of Interest submission of 3,000 words maximum completed via the online application form
Step 2 – Shortlisting
Once the EOI closes on Friday, 20 July, all the submitted entries will be provided to the judges for shortlisting.
All entrants will be notified of the short-listed nominations no later than Friday, 3
Successful entrants will then be requested to submit a full submission.
Step 3 – Full Submissions
All entrants must provide a clear and concise submission. Objective information should be provided to ensure the judges can appreciate the scope of the approach and degree of success obtained.
All entrants must ensure the evaluation criteria requirements are addressed in their submissions. Entries will be judged based on the evaluation criteria.
The full submission will comprise of:
- A written submission of 10,000 words maximum (including any attachments)
- Written submission can be desktop published but must be submitted in pdf format.
- Font must be larger than Arial 10 font or equivalent sized font.
- A single page summary nominating the top 10 highlights. (Note, this will not be included in the word count).
- A video, maximum of 2.5 minutes, avi or .mp4 format.
- High resolution photographs submitted in jpg format, maximum 20 photos.
This year, QMCA will only accept electronic copies of submissions. Please send files of all submissions to the QMCA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entrants will be asked to pay a submission fee of $2,500 (excl GST) per entry. This is a non-
refundable fee, made payable to:
Bank Details, NAB
BSB: 084 424
Account No: 12395 1076
Account Name: Queensland Major Contractors Association
Step 4 – Full Submission Evaluation
Once the full submission closes on Friday, 14 September, QMCA will confirm with the entrant contact that all components of the submission have been received. Once confirmed, the submission will be provided to the judges for review.
Step 5 – Presentation of the Awards
The winner will be announced at the annual QMCA industry long-lunch on Friday 5
October 2018 at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank.
Each entry will be assessed on how it responds to the following criteria:
|Productivity||30%||Innovations that have resulted in significant improvements in work productivity|
|Originality and Creativity||25%||The level of originality and creativity of the Innovation|
|Impact||15%||The scale or magnitude of the effect the innovation has had on the Project|
|Return on Investment||15%||The ratio between cost of investment and net profit resulting from the innovation|
|Applicability||15%||The potential of applicability / transferability across the industry|
Expression of Interest Form
Complete the form and submit your payment and you will be on your way to possibly taking away the award.