The most innovative and collaborative construction projects in Queensland were today recognised at the annual Queensland Major Contractors Innovation and Excellence Awards.
Over 400 guests packed into Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre to celebrate the achievements of the finalists, each being recognised for their innovative approach to delivering outstanding major infrastructure projects across Queensland.
QMCA Chief Executive Officer, Jon Davies, paid tribute to the finalists and winners “Our awards are about celebrating excellence and recognising the talent, endeavours and achievements of every part of major project delivery.”
“From world-class design innovations to collaborative projects that will shape the future skills of our industry, Queensland’s major contractors, designers and subcontractors have delivered real innovations that have improved efficiency, safety and skills while building the infrastructure the state needs to grow and prosper.”
Congratulations to every finalist, but particularly to our winners Wagners, Lendlease, WSP Australia and the Fulton Hogan Seymour Whyte Joint Venture, who have shown true innovation and excellence.” said Mr Davies.
Four awards were presented on the day:
- Cbus Super Fund Contractors Award:
- Winner: Fulton Hogan Seymour Whyte Joint Venture
- Project: Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway
- Design Consultants Award:
- Winner: WSP Australia
- Project: Toowoomba Range Clearance Upgrade Project
- Sub-Contractors Award:
- Winner: Wagners
- Project: Pinkenbah Wharf Project
- Ian Harrington Award:
- Winner: Lendlease
- Project: Collaboration between Lendlease and the Australian Business Community network