- This event has passed.
QMCA Networking Breakfast Event
May 3 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am
Sunwater Major Projects Overview
Sunwater will be providing an overview on the Major Projects Program it will be looking to deliver in the next 5 years. It will focus on our significant Dam Improvement Program that has an estimated total program value of circa. $1.4B and a number of other projects including Rookwood Weir.
McConnell Dowell is the Creative Construction Company for clients who want to build better communities through safe, smart, efficient infrastructure. Since 1961, we have built thousands of quality assets and facilities for clients and communities. Our expertise has grown steadily to span civil, electrical, fabrication, marine, mechanical, pipelines, rail, tunnel and underground construction. Our culture is founded on expertise, creativity and progressive thinking. We constantly challenge ourselves and our partners to find the best solution for every project. This attitude, along with our safe, high-quality, systematic and structured approach, has earned us the trust and loyalty of our clients.
A selection of our successfully delivered projects in Queensland:
- Northern Gas Pipeline – McConnell Dowell recently completed a ‘sole source’ ECI with Jemena which culminated in a contract award. The project has just been successfully delivered ahead of schedule.
- Chith Amrun Export Facility – The project has just been successfully delivered and the McConnell Dowell-Bechtel team was awarded the “Best Contractor” in Rio Tinto’s 2018 Chief Executive Safety Awards for our performance.
- Lake Manchester Dam Upgrade – Winner of the Queensland Civil Contractors Federation Excellence Award.
- Southern Regional Water Pipeline – The project won 16 national and international industry awards, including the 2007 Queensland Major Contractor’s Association Project Safety Excellence Award and the Contractor Excellence Award at the 2008 Australian National Infrastructure Awards.
- Gold Coast Light Rail – Stage 1 – This is a city-changing infrastructure project that has integrated new and existing transport systems and stimulated urban regeneration.
Olivia Newman – General Manager Major Projects & Technical Services. Sunwater
Olivia brings more than 20 years’ management experience across high value, complex infrastructure programs to Sunwater. Olivia is responsible for the delivery of new Sunwater infrastructure, asset upgrades and renewals including the DIP. Olivia’s department also provides engineering guidance and support across the organisation. Her work across a diverse portfolio of industries included a role as Program Delivery Manager on the $12 billion Australian Rail Track Corporation’s Inland Rail Project. Previously, Olivia has held senior project management roles with City of Gold Coast, City of Ipswich and Queensland Urban Utilities.
Jeremy Christoforatos – Regional Sales Manager, NSW & Qld, PlanGrid
The paperless jobsites, its not the future, its here! And as we enter 2019, the future of construction in Queensland looks bright. Output in the industry is set to grow by 7.1% in Australia alone. Importantly, there are opportunities for businesses to realise significant performance improvements if they can adopt new technology and make full use of digital tools on the jobsite. PlanGrid will provide insights into some of Australia’s most iconic jobsites that are using digital technology in the field for better collaboration, reducing expiralling constructions costs and less rework.