Coates Project of the Year below $100 million Award
This award recognises the best project delivered under $100m in Queensland and should showcase design and delivery.
Coates Project of Year Under $100m
To be eligible for the Project of the Year Under $100m Award, entrants/entries must adhere to the following criteria:
- Entrants must be a current QMCA member.
- The idea/concept must have been applied/constructed/executed in the last two years.
- Entrants must be based or have an office in Queensland.
- The project in which the innovation has been conducted must be located in Queensland.
- The submitted idea/concept must demonstrate innovation in excellence within the civil infrastructure sector. Please note this includes industrial and resource projects but excludes residential or commercial building projects.
- By submitting an entry, copyright for use of all entry materials is assigned to the QMCA.
If your application does not fit the above criteria, it may be eligible for another QMCA Award.
Please CLICK HERE to download the criteria for each award.
- Expressions of Interest – 1 September to 6 October 2023 – COMPLETED
- Submissions – 23 October to 30 November 2023 – A more detailed submission including project overview and imagery to match against the Award criteria and submitted via QMCA Website or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judging – 1 December to 15 December 2023
- Finalists Presentations – 15 December 2023 – 15-minute presentation and 10-minute Q&A with the Judging panel.
- Awards Event – Friday 16 February 2024
This year the award submissions comprise three elements:
- Part 1 – Online Expression of Interest – 1 September to 22 September 2023 –COMPLETED
- Part 2 – Submissions – 23 October to 30 November 2023 – A more detailed submission including project overview and imagery to match against the Award criteria and submitted via QMCA Website. Comprising no more than 500 words using the Submission Form on the relevant award page, your award submission should represent achievements that showcase innovation and excellence in the Queensland civil infrastructure sector and files can be submitted as part of the entry submission.
- Part 3 – 30 minute panel interview and Q&A – 15 December 2023
A 30-minute panel interview will be held with the judges for your nominated category from 9 January 2023. It will comprise a 15-minute presentation to the judging panel followed by a 15-minute Q&A.
Don’t miss your opportunity to be recognised!
Winners will be announced at the QMCA Innovation and Excellence Awards Luncheon on Friday 16 February 2024. The awards luncheon is an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our industry and network with Queensland’s leading civil infrastructure operators.
Award Submission – Deadline 30 November 2023
We have designed the entry process to be as simple as possible, taking the pressure of complex and highly detailed award entries, as we understand that at this time of year, you are facing numerous tenders and EOI deadlines for major projects across Queensland and Australia. Therefore, we have limited the entry to a maximum of 500 words (3,000 characters), enabling you to provide an overview of the project in relation to the criteria.
Whilst it is limited to 500 words, if you feel you need another 100 don’t worry! Additional information such as renders, videos, photography, media coverage, supporting documentation can be provided via a share service such as WeSendIt, OneDrive etc. with links and, if needed, passwords to email@example.com
2023 QMCA Award Submission Form - Deadline 30 November 2023
2023 Awards Entry Form
Project of the Year Under $100m Award Sponsor
Coates is Australia’s leading equipment hire provider, operating across a range of markets including engineering, mining and resources, infrastructure, manufacturing, construction, agriculture and major events.
In FY21, Coates celebrated 136 years of commitment to supporting their customers who help build Australia.
With a national footprint of over 150 branches, more than one million pieces of equipment and over 1,900 highly skilled employees, Coates provides expert equipment solutions for nearly 19,000 customers.
This includes end-to-end solutions for temporary works, traffic management, water management, industrial shutdowns, maintenance, training services and events.
So give Coates a call on 13 15 52 or visit coates.com.au and let’s make it happen.