QMCA Design Consultants Award
The QMCA Design Consultants Award showcases the most innovative concept in an engineering discipline associated with a civil infrastructure project in Queensland.
To be eligible for the QMCA Design Consultant Award, entrants/entries must adhere to the following criteria:
- The idea/concept must have been applied/constructed/executed in the last two years.
- Entrants must be based or have an office in Queensland.
- The project in which the innovation has been conducted must be located in Queensland.
- The submitted idea/concept must demonstrate innovation in excellence within the civil infrastructure sector. Please note this includes industrial and resource projects but excludes residential or commercial building projects.
- By submitting an entry, copyright for use of all entry materials is assigned to the QMCA.
For this category entrants/entries are not required to be:
- A QMCA member.
- Ideas/concepts do not have to have been realised on a QMCA member project.
- Registrations of Interest (RoIs) close Friday 5 July. A non-refundable entry fee of $2,000 (+ GST) is to be paid on submission of the RoI.
- Full submissions are due by Friday 9 August.
- Awards will be presented at QMCA’s annual Awards long lunch on Friday 13 September.
Entrants are to complete a written Registration of Interest submission of 500 words maximum completed via the online application form found on this page.
- BSB: 084 424
- Account No: 12395 1076
- Account Name: Queensland Major Contractors Association
Once the RoI closes on Friday 5 July, all the submitted entries will be provided to the judges for evaluation.
All entrants will be requested to submit a full submission in accordance with Step 3.
All entrants must provide a clear and concise submission. Objective information should be provided to ensure the judges can appreciate the scope of the approach and degree of success obtained. All entrants must ensure the evaluation criteria requirements are addressed in their submissions. Entries will be judged based on the evaluation criteria.
The full submission will comprise of:
- A written submission of 10,000 words maximum (including any attachments)
- Written submission can be desktop published but must be submitted in pdf format. Font must be larger than Arial 10 font or equivalent sized font.
- A single page summary nominating the top 10 highlights. (Note, this will not be included in the word count).
- High resolution photographs submitted in jpg format, maximum 20 photos.
Please email your submission to the QMCA Secretariat at email@example.com. Hard copies are not necessary. Full submissions are due Friday 9 August 2019.
Once the full submission closes on Friday 9 August, QMCA, the submission will be provided to the judges for review.
The winner will be announced at the annual QMCA Award long-lunch on Friday 13 September at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank.
The QMCA Award event has grown to become a major industry function on the Brisbane calendar and this year we expect the event to sell-out at over 500 leaders from the contracting, engineering, consulting, government and industry environments. The MC for the long lunch will be Petrina Macpherson. The lunch will also feature a presentation from Josie Thomson; a mindset, resilience and change expert.
All criteria have an equal weighting. Each entry will be assessed on how it responds to the following criteria:
|Originality||Is it a new and unique contribution to the civil construction industry in Queensland?|
|Impact||What are the implications?|
|Return on Investment||What is the benefit and who does it apply to?|
|Applicability||How accessible and easy to use? Can it be made broadly available?
Does it fulfil a need/purpose?
Registration of Interest Form
Complete the form and submit your payment and you will be on your way to possibly taking away the award.