QMCA Subcontractors and Suppliers Award
The QMCA Subcontractors and Suppliers Award showcases the most innovative concept by a subcontractor or supplier in supporting the delivery of a civil infrastructure project in Queensland.
To be eligible for the QMCA Subcontractor or Supplier Award, entrants/entries must adhere to the following criteria:
- The idea/concept must have been applied/constructed/executed in the last two years.
- Entrants must be based or have an office in Queensland.
- The project in which the innovation has been conducted must be located in Queensland.
- The submitted idea/concept must demonstrate innovation in excellence within the civil infrastructure sector. Please note this includes industrial and resource projects but excludes residential or commercial building projects.
- By submitting an entry, copyright for use of all entry and presentation materials is assigned to the QMCA.
For this category entrants/entries are not required to be:
- A QMCA member.
- Ideas/concepts do not have to have been realised on a QMCA member project.
- Registrations of Interest (RoIs) close Friday 5 July. A non-refundable entry fee of $2000 (+ GST) is to be paid on submission of the RoI.
- Interview to be conducted between 12 August and 16 August.
- Awards will be presented at QMCA’s annual Awards long lunch on Friday 13 September.
All criteria have an equal weighting. Each entry will be assessed on how it responds to the following criteria:
|Originality||Is it a new and unique contribution to the civil construction industry in Queensland?|
|Impact||What are the implications?|
|Return on Investment||What is the benefit and who does it apply to?|
|Applicability||How accessible and easy to use?
Can it be made broadly available?
Does it fulfil a need/purpose?
Entrants are to complete a written Registration of Interest submission of 500 words maximum completed via the online application form found on this page.
A non-refundable entry fee of $2,000 (+ GST) must accompany your RoI and be EFT’d to QMCA at:
- BSB: 084 424
- Account No: 12395 1076
- Account Name: Queensland Major Contractors Association
Once the RoI closes on Friday 5 July, all the submitted entries will be provided to the judges for evaluation.
Entrants will be invited to present/discuss their nominated idea/concept with the judging panel in accordance with Step 3. Presentation materials must be submitted to QMCA by 9 August 2019.
If any materials are to be presented, the following requirements should be observed:
- Video material should be a maximum of 2.5 minutes in length and in avi or .mp4 format.
- Photographs should be high resolution in jpg format (with maximum of 20 photos).
- Any written material should be a minimum of Arial 10pt font (or equivalent).
Presentations by entrants to the judging panel will take place during the week of 12 August to 16 August. The presentation will be between ½ hr to 1 hr duration.
Once all the interviews have been completed, the judging panel will commence evaluation of all entries.
The winner will be announced at the annual QMCA Award long-lunch on Friday 13 September at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, South Bank.
Registration of Interest Form
Complete the form and submit your payment and you will be on your way to possibly taking away the award.